For more information on the Sydney Atheists Visit our website here.
You can also check out our photos, newsletter, podcast and MeetUp site.
Share

Thursday, March 19, 2009

When you think you've seen it all...

I love all things capuchin. Firstly, capuchin monkeys are sooo cute.

Also, when Rach and I were in Ialy a few years back, we had a chance to visit the Capuchin Church of the Immaculate Conception, or more specifically, the crypt. It was perhaps one of the most intriguing, disturbing and amazing experiences that we had in Europe. In a little crypt, consisting of about 6 small rooms, the walls are plastered in intricately patterned and designed human remains. Each room has a theme to it, ending in a room with 3 children's skeletons.

It was so bizarre, it blew my mind.

And then, while surfing the net this morning, I came across this wacky vid. It's a capuchin monk that heads up an Italian heavy metal band!

I've gotta get me a capuchin of my own, those friars are pretty cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment